Terms of Reference
Part Time – Project Technician
Education to Work Transition Project
Quality Improvement Fund
Institution: Gaza Community College for Tourism Studies (GCCTS)
Project Title: Improving the Quality of Students and Graduates of the Administration and Office Automation Program at Gaza Community College for Tourism Studies by providing them with Digital Technological Skills to Increase Employment Opportunities (i-Admin)
Gaza Community College for Tourism Studies (GCCTS) has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) - Education to Work Transition Project - Ministry of Education and Higher Education in partnership with AQSA university and Palestinian Information Technology Association of Companies (PITA), and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled: " Improving the Quality of Students and Graduates of the Administration and Office Automation Program at Gaza Community College for Tourism Studies by Providing them with Digital Technological Skills to Increase Employment Opportunities (i-Admin)". Accordingly, GCCTS seeks the selection and employment of a highly-qualified part time-project technician in order to support the project team in project implementation.
GCCTS is considering the selection of a professional and a highly qualified part time-project technician to be part of the project team, who has strong experiences to develop and deliver the requirements for training courses, evaluation and following of computers lab, and related materials in order to develop the capacity of the academic staff and students under the supervision of project team.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The selected technician will be responsible for but not limited to the following tasks:
1. Transfer his/her expertise in addition to provide helping to lecturers and technicians in the department in the practical applications.
2. Follow up on the arrangements and status of tools, equipment, programs, applications and computers in the computer lab to ensure the safety and readiness of the lab for the training courses.
3. Attend and participate in the related workshops and meetings if required.
4. Help in supervising the graduation projects, and follow-up of students in the field of training, in coordination with the department.
5. Work with department staff in preparing and reviewing the laboratory sheets.
6. Participate in the process of control and monitoring of the training program within the project.
7. Performing other duties as may be assigned by the project manager.
Essential Required Qualifications:
Qualified technician should hold the following:
1- At least B.Sc. in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or any related discipline from a recognized university.
2- Proven previous work experience in conducting similar assignment.
3- At least 2 years of excellent experience in the field of computer lab management, computer technology, programming, and tools keeping.
4- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Google suite, database, Collaboration tools, Emails management, safety of computer and devices)
5- Highly qualified in communication and reporting skills.
6- Very good level in English language.
Time Frame: The expected level of the effort for the part time- technician is (12 months) during a period from 01/10/2019 to 30/09/2020. The selected technician shall work (7 hours)/day- (3 days)/week
Start Date: October 1st, 2019.
Place of work:
The successful technician will be working at GCCTS main site building in Gaza City.
Contract Type: Time-based contract.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV (in English) by 17/09/2019 to: email@example.com indicating the position (i-Admin – Technician) in the subject line. The selection process follows World Bank recruiting policies and procedures. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.